Wednesday, June 18, 2014

It Has To Get Better, Right?

I hate whiny people, but in the past couple of days, I've become one.

What is it about this month that has turned it inside out?  With twelve more days to go, I wonder what else can happen, what else can go wrong.

I ended May in the ER and began June in a hospital room.  Other than being released from the hospital after three days and having the ability to breathe again, I can't say that I've seen a big improvement in the way the month is going.  In fact, it's to the point that I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop...and considering how many have been dropping already, I must be a centipede.

One of the problems with this month is that for all but the first six days, Mercury is Rx. That little thing that looks like it means "prescription," actually means "retrograde."  So what's retrograde mean?  It means that Mercury, the planet of communication, appears to be moving backwards in the cosmos and everything that involves communication in any shape or form is going to be, well, screwed, to put it bluntly.  It will be worse for some than for others, depending on your natal chart.  And I'm not going to get into that, so just trust me that it's going to be somewhere between a bit uncomfortable this month or totally insane.  I'm at the totally insane end of it.

If your computer hasn't been acting wonky, if your cell phone is performing as expected, if a flight you booked hasn't been canceled (communication can involve travel), count yourself lucky.  You may get through this 26 day Mercury Rx with little pain.  I, on the other hand, am to the point of being nearly homicidal.

My computer, which is an extension of me, has gone bat(you-know-what) crazy since Monday evening.  Programs are freezing, right and left, causing me to stop and wait, until they respond again.  If that doesn't happen, a CTR-ALT-delete will eventually get things back to normal...for 2 to 5 minutes, when it happens again.  Have I mentioned that anything done on computer at this point is taking 3 to 5 times longer that usual?  No?  Well, I'm telling you, that's what's happening.

Yes, I have googled a fix, followed instructions to the nth degree, and I still am ready to tear off the head of the first person who asks me what's wrong.  I've twice "restored" my computer to a date prior to the problem beginning.  I've uninstalled the one or two new programs I've installed in the past month.  I've even gone so far as to try muttering mumbo-jumbo, in the hope that something will work.  It only gets worse.

Two more weeks to go, and Mercury will be back on track, speeding along the beltway of the Universe.  I hope I'm still sane and not wrapped in one of those funny white jackets that tie in the back.  I hope there's actually something left of my universe, although after this bombardment of things-gone-wrong, I may not recognize it.

Curious about Mercury Rx and want to learn more?  (Forewarned is forearmed, ya know.)  Check out Gala Darling's Blog for a quick and easy tutorial.  If this Rx hasn't managed to put your life a little off-kilter, a little education on the subject could save you when the next one rolls around...in October. ;)
Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy. ~ Nora Ephron

No comments: