Friday, July 18, 2014

MIA

I've been under the radar for the past few weeks.  It hasn't been fun.  I've never been a sick person, but over the past almost 3 months, I can't say I've been healthy.  It seems everything decided to hit at once.

Simply wrapping my mind around words has been an effort in futility.  I'm trying harder to fix that.  With an August 18th revision deadline, I don't have a choice.

And I missed a lot of good stuff.  For the first time in years, I wasn't able to attend any of our 9-day annual River Festival.  I'd made plans to travel with friends to San Antonio, TX, to RWA's annual conference being held there this year, but I had to back out.  With my health not at 100%, I didn't want to risk it.

So here I am, trying not to feel sorry for myself. Most of the time it works.  Once in a while it doesn't.

It's hard to deal with disappointment.  While we might be able to manage to keep a smile on our faces, inside we battle how we really feel.  I feel...sad, let down, already missing my friends and the fun I always have.  Sometimes it's better to let ourselves feel the disappointment or anger or whatever negative emotion for a little while, but not for long.  We have to find a way to get past it, forget it, and move on.  There'll be something positive in our lives soon that will take the place of those negative feelings.  Until then, I intend to treat myself with gentleness and patience.

Oh, yeah.  There's one more thing.  I need to get to work!!

I'll pop back in here when time and energy allow.  Until then, keep smiling!
If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment. ~ Henry David Thoreau

No comments: