Monday, October 29, 2012

When Your Motivation and Creativity Need a Boost

MOTIVATION MONDAYS

Life has been getting in the way lately, so I'm behind on blogging.  In fact, I nearly skipped today, but something came through in my email that caught my attention.

iVillage.com often has some great motivation tools for a variety of things in our lives.

  • Need some decorating or storage ideas?  
  • Need some motivation to exercise?  
  • Need some tips on making your relationships better?  
  • Need tips on healthy foods?
iVillage will send you an email on the latest tips and tricks for all that and more.

Today's topic is 10 Ways to Boost Your Creativity, and here are the highlights:

  1. Break Your Routine
  2. Do It
  3. Daydream
  4. Brainstorm
  5. Interact with People
  6. Schedule It
  7. Expand Your Experiences
  8. Reflect
  9. Relax
  10. Change Your Space
Those are just the tip of the iceberg.  Use the link above or below to see it all.

# 10 is what I did this weekend.  I moved most of the furniture in my office.  With colder weather coming on, I decided my desk in front of a window might not be the best idea.  Too bad I didn't have time to do some painting!  Now I get to spend the rest of the week (and weeks to come) sorting through all the boxes and containers to throw out the things no longer needed or wanted.  I'm hopeful I can downsize, which in itself will mean less clutter and more room to CREATE!

Be sure to visit 10 Ways to Boost Your Creativity at iVillage for more information on each of the 10 Ways listed above.
"You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club." ~ Jack London

No comments: