Monday, September 29, 2008

Update

Considering that I've been MIA for more than a couple of weeks, I'll try to do some catching up.

My oldest daughter and next to youngest daughter are busy with details on their upcoming November cruise. They'll fly from here to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, stay overnight, then take a one-day cruise, compliments of Royal Caribbean. If only I could go along...

We've been busy getting youngest daughter up to par with dental visits (4 times in just over a week, and the last visit today) and a vision check up for new glasses. She is SO looking forward to getting it all over with!

The reason for my absence can be blamed on the above and working toward the deadline on Taming Kate, the second book set in the fictional town of Desperation, Oklahoma. This has been a day and night effort and has taxed my brain to the max, as we decided to make some changes throughout the book. But it's finally done and put aside for a few days before a final "polish" and trip to my editor via USPS. Hooray!

On the Book News front, Tanner's Prize, the first book set in Desperation, will be released in September 2009. As time goes by, I'll post some information about both. Taming Kate is currently expected to be released in early 2010. If all goes well, there will be more stories from Desperation. The town, not the emotion. ::grin::

More tomorrow!

No comments: