Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hump Day

Yes, it is! I look forward to it every week, believe me!

But this isn't going to be about the fact that it's Wednesday or what it means to me or anyone else. It's just going to be a mishmash. Why? Since Jan. 31, when I received revision notes from my editor, I've been on a deadline to get them done...by Feb. 21, two days ago. They're done, and I've had a little rest. The pressure is off--well, most of it. Fingers are crossed that the changes made to BACHELOR DAD (September 2011, Harlequin American) are what was needed.

And then there's the Oscars or Academy Awards, whichever you prefer, coming up on Sunday night. I'll admit that I haven't seen any of the nominated movies. I'm not much of a moviegoer. I did go to the movie theater three times last year, and all were Sandra Bullock movies. And Mallory (the youngest) and I had kind of planned to go see the most recent Harry Potter this year. (Sorry, I haven't read all the books and don't remember the titles, much less in what order.) But because the last time we forked over the money for HP, we had to deal with kids kicking the back of our seat and generally making a nuisance of themselves. Mallory decided to opt out and buy it when it comes out on DVD. Since we do that anyway, I figure we just saved money and nearly three hours of stress. So no movies this time, and there was really only one that looked even promising to me. I will watch the Oscars Sunday night, if only to see who presents, what the women are wearing on the red carpet, and that all important moment when they show who is no longer with us.

And that's the last three weeks in a nutshell. :)

No comments: