Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What Happened to Monday?

Let's just call this Thoughtful Tuesday, because that's all I have.

To be honest, what happened to Monday is that it was such a blah day, I didn't care if anything got done.  No, not a bad day or even a down day.  It was simply BLAH.

Somewhere, as Monday finally wound down---or would that be up?---the blah moved on.  Blame it on spring break coming to an end and life getting back to normal.  My normal.  Maybe it was watching the WSU Shockers lose in the NCAA tournament, which didn't especially hit as hard as would have expected.

No, it was just Monday, and I vetoed every hint at being productive.  Not that I've been especially productive lately, but  really, I should have gotten life back on track.  I simply didn't want to.

So here I am, late, as has become my habit.  Those who know me understand that late thing.  I'm notoriously late with a lot of things.  I blame it on having four children, who managed to suck up every second of time I built into anything.  Get up an hour earlier to get them up and ready for school?  Never worked for me.  Start getting ready to go somewhere two hours early, when it should really only take an hour?  Nope.

But back to Mondays.  From that vantage point, the weekend is only something in the far, far future.  Does anyone like Mondays?   If you do, it must be your day off.  Let's just leave it at yesterday was my day off, especially considering what an off day it was.

So I'm at Tuesday and decided it was time to forge ahead.  Not that there's been much forged.  I did clean off half of my desk, put papers in folders, and...  Um, okay.  Not a productive day quite yet, but it's getting there.  A touch of spring fever?  Yeah, that's a good excuse.

I have managed to get a few other things done.  I was behind so many episodes of Parenthood, that I watched three in one night, then two more last night.  I'm also behind on Castle.  Believe me, it's not as if I watch a lot of TV, but there were more important things to do, and I stopped watching everything.  Did I really miss anything?  Probably not.  It's nothing but entertainment, but I've been needing a huge dose of entertainment.  It could be because it really isn't yet spring, and it isn't still winter,either.

In spite of my blah Monday, I found something to share.  Instead of adding a quote, this is my gift for today.  Read it, think about it, and try to incorporate it into your life.  That's what I'm going to do.  No more blah days!

P.S.  Writers beware!  I found some excellent "stuff" and will share it tomorrow.


No comments: