Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's Not the Heat, It's the...

My mother would've ended the saying, "It's not the heat, it's the..." with "humidity," but our humidity here in the middle of the country hasn't been as high as others are dealing with.  Still, our official high today was 110 degrees.  As far as I'm concerned, humidity or no humidity, that's just too hot.

Whether it was the high temps or just one of those things, my internet was down for a while today.  When that happens, my whole schedule--even if it was blank--is screwed.  Because of it, I'm writing this blog at 10 p.m. instead of a.m. or even last night.  Oh, wait.  Downed internet today didn't affect last night.  Hey, I'll try any excuse if I think it might work. ;)

The lack of one communication device affected my phone, since I'm a VOIP user.  And it happened right in the middle of some very serious brainstorming.  I'm very lucky and thankful that my brainstorming buddies took time away from their writing time to give me some help.  If I had my choice, I'd rather been on the end of the giving, not the receiving, especially because this time it was a very needed receiving.  My editor wasn't all that crazy about my most recent submissions and wanted me to give them a punch, here and there.

So that's what we did.  Or they--those buddies--did today.  I simply listened and scribbled notes.  And since we weren't able to finish, we'll be at it again tomorrow, at least for a while.  The time will come when the tables will be turned, and I'll be on the giving end.  Until then, I can't say enough how much I appreciate my buddies.

No comments: