Thursday, January 12, 2012

One Down and a Gazillion to Go

In spite of my phobia of making New Year's Resolutions, I still have things to do.  Goals to be decided on, lists to make, and the usual daily chores that can only be pushed aside for so long.

I've now come to the place where I've reached the goal--finish a new 2-book proposal--I've been working on pretty much exclusively for the past month or so and realize that I still don't get to sleep in or watch TV ad nauseum or any of those things that would be fun but not productive.  While working on that goal, there were too many times that I said, "I'll get to it as soon as I get this finished and sent."  Yeah, well, that time is here and the dishes are still waiting, while the Christmas decorations packed in boxes need to be hauled to the attic.  Oh, and let's not forget the laundry that I've begun tripping on as it's begun to spill out of the basket.  Yes, real life has returned, and it's as real as it always has been.  Ah, what a glamorous life!

One goal may have been reached, but there are plenty waiting in the background.  Yes, that bookcase I wanted to put back together for the living is still waiting in the corner of my bedroom.  I did manage to get my office re-arranged, but not everything has been put away in a proper place.  I did manage on Christmas Day to get my kitchen in shape, but with those dishes waiting...

Goals aren't always a one-time-mark-it-off-and-forget-it thing.  Living takes a lot of time, and daily goals continue to reappear like clockwork. And maybe that's a good thing, because otherwise I might revert to reading all day and watching TV all night.  And now that I think of it....

"People with goals succeed because they know where they're going."  Earl Nightingale 

Wichita Area Romance Authors are blogging about goals this month.  Come visit!

No comments: