Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

Another day, that is. And my apologies to Queen. :)

I'd been looking forward--actually living for--August 17, when the kidlets (grandkids) would start the first day of school. Monday was crazy and would not be the norm, of this I was sure. Lyndsay and Adam were home for the weekend from their stay in KC with baby Payton, so they took Ally and Gavin to school and picked them up. Sabrina took Scarlett to school, so all I had was Jaxon. I swear, that boy can suck up more time than a vacuum cleaner! He'll be two in five days, and with an older brother and sister, he hasn't yet learned to keep himself occupied, so he keeps me occupied, meaning I get nothing done.

Yesterday (Tuesday) Gavin didn't have kindergarten, nor does he today. But he was gone for a while with other grandma to have the staple removed from his head. No, I did NOT staple him to the wall, although that is an idea... He fell and cut his head a week and a half ago and was stapled back together. Only one staple. But when he was here yesterday? YIKES!! He's not in school again today, but will return to school tomorrow. (Can you hear me cheering?) Jaxon didn't want to go to sleep last night, so he's sleeping in. I just might get a few things done today, but we'll see how it goes.

Let's just say I'm trying to stay positive about how the rest of the year is going to go. Well, as positive as I can be about it, anyway.

No comments: