Friday, August 28, 2009

Life's Little Stumbles

It never fails. When you think you finally have it all together and things are rolling along smoothly, something or someone comes a long and trips you.

Case in point. The deadline for MORGAN'S PRIDE (w.t.) is September 15. It's done, it's been sent to my agent, who has sent to my (new!) editor and awaits her return from holiday. So now it's time to move on to NIKKI'S SECRET (w.t.). The full proposal is due November 1. Plenty of time, right? Especially since it's written. Uh, no on the plenty of time. I hit a research glitch. :(

For most of my life, I've known about the "Indian Reservations" in Oklahoma. Guess what? There is only one reservation left, thanks to the U.S. Government, and it's the Osage tribe near the Kansas-Oklahoma border. The Cherokee Nation's reservations were "disestablished" some years ago. Color me shocked! Because there was to be a scene set at the reservation in Tahlequah, that just isn't going to happen. I can make the changes needed, but it's messed up my mind. Just a little stumble, and I think I skinned my knees.

If you want to see a great trip, stumble and fall, check out the trailer for Sandra Bullock's new movie, out in September. All About Steve


Add the fact that NOTHING has been accomplished this week that should have been. Letters to go out about my class reunion in October haven't been mailed, the trip to the bank hasn't happened, no writing, no cleaning, no nothing. I owe most of it to 2-year-old Jaxon, who thinks my desk is his personal play area.

No comments: