Wednesday, November 23, 2011

'Twas the Day Before Thanksgiving...

Yes, I know it's a sketch of a desk, but stick with me for a minute.  It is the day before Thanksgiving, and my turkey is thawing in the refrigerator.  Not for fixing tomorrow.  We'll be doing that on Saturday.  As I've explained before, with three daughters who have "in-law" families, I try to make it easier on them by planning our own family holidays on different day.  After all, it's only a date on the calendar.

While many of you are spending this Thanksgiving Eve cleaning and cooking, I'm gearing up to spend mine cleaning and moving furniture.  What can I say?  I'm a Gemini, and although there are aspects of my current arrangement that are great, thanks to working on it for almost a year, I need a change.  I've thought it through and used a scale model on paper to move things around, until everything not only suits me, but fits the room.  That's the hardest of all, of course.  Because today is the beginning of three straight days of freedom, then one day of holiday dinner, and then a final free day for finishing up, it's the perfect time.  Or at least I'm hoping that's the way it works out.

While I'm lifting and shoving and scooching and moving, my mind will be on other things.  I'm working on a new story for a possible new line.  The plot is pretty much set, with only a few changes and tweaks yet to do, but I've made some changes since I first began.  The heroine's GMC has changed from the original idea with relative ease (thank goodness!), and now I'm trying to mold the hero to a new and different backstory, strengthening (I hope) his GMC.  This is the perfect time to do it, because I'll be working on my goal of office re-arranging and re-arranging a story, too.

I'll also be thinking of all the things I'm thankful for.  There's no doubt I'll have a long list by the time we celebrate Thanksgiving.  Hope yours is, too.  Happy Thanksgiving!

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many--not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."  
                     ~~Charles Dickens~~

No comments: