Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bucket Lists

As I posted earlier, if you haven't seen The Bucket List, you should. It's the perfect time of year for reflecting on our lives, and this movie definitely make one think. Rent it, buy it, whatever it takes, do it.

I realized a few days ago that if I had a bucket list (those things you want to do before life's end), one of them would be something I'm going to do next Monday. My best friend since Jr. High and I are going to see the Moscow Ballet perform The Nutcracker Suite. I love listening to the symphony of this beautiful work at any time during the year, but especially at Christmas. Going to see the ballet performed has always been something I've wanted to do. When my girls were young, it always crossed my mind to take them to it, but the cost of 5 tickets was mind-boggling, so we never did. And, of course, I was certain they would all beg for ballet lessons afterward, if we'd gone. Maybe the time will soon come when I can take my granddaughters, and they can beg THEIR moms for lessons. (Is that wicked or what?)

I'm excited and looking forward not only to seeing this ballet and hearing the fabulous music, but to enjoying an evening out with my best friend. (There's a photo of the two of us almost fifteen years ago that I posted here on July 16.) Gail has just been through a very tough week, having lost her younger brother a week ago, just before Thanksgiving, and attending the funeral service. Having something special we can enjoy together will, I hope, make this time a little easier for her. It's our Christmas gift to each other. I can't think of a better gift than to spend time with someone close.

I'm wondering what else I might put on a bucket list, but I probably won't know until I actually get to do it. Besides, I have enough lists as it is.

No comments: