Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Birthdays

Thanks to my 16-month-old grandson, who hit the button to shut down my computer yesterday while I was posting the below, I'm finishing this on Tuesday.

Not only do we have the holidays to buy for and celebrate, but my oldest granddaughter's birthday, too. She'll be seven this year. She recently lost the second of her front teeth, so I downloaded the song "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth". She wasn't amused.

She was born three days before Christmas, and one would think that with so many things available at Christmas, finding a birthday present should be easy. It isn't. I've been having trouble finding something to get her, until I heard an ad on the radio for our local ice skating center's holiday ice show. With the possibility that she may take skating lessons in the spring, it's the perfect gift, and the whole family can enjoy it. Maybe next year, she'll be skating in it.

Was it luck or fate? It doesn't matter, because it was a blessing. Now, if the snow will just stay away...



No comments: