Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Must See Movie


When The Bucket List came out on video, I wasn't sure whether to buy it for my collection or not. I didn't. It was a bad decision.

I expected Morgan Freeman to be good, and I like Jack Nicholson, although I feel Jack plays "Jack" in every role. I was surprised to discover he went beyond himself in this movie, and it was more than worth sitting down for the 97 minutes of thought-provoking enjoyment it gave me. It's more than a movie about two older men, more than a movie about dying. It's a movie about dreams and joy and taking a look at your life and daring to take the risk to do the things you've always wanted to do. But when you have 6 months to live, how big is the risk? It can be big.

Whether you do it tonight, whether you do it in a few months, see this movie.

No comments: