Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hump Day

Next to Friday, Wednesday is my favorite day of the week. Once I get past lunch time, it's all downhill. Only 3 more hours to lunch!

I had every intention of blogging yesterday. I even had a topic for a topic-less day. And then I forgot what it was. My short-term memory is getting worse. Could it be because there are just too many things that need to be remembered? I do write myself notes on the most important things. It's the only way to stay sane and get anything at all done. But too many things are falling between the cracks, so it appears I'll need a new system.

NEWS FROM FRIENDS IN SAN FRANCISCO--
Friend Kristi called last night, laughing about being lost in the hotel. I wondered how they'd managed to get lost in the hotel. Was it that big? Later, I called her back and learned they were actually trying to get directions to Fisherman's Wharf, but she and the others--Vicky Dreiling, Leigh Riker, and Lisa Childs--had been relaxing in the Executive Conference Room, before deciding on the trip to Fisherman's Wharf, so that explained it. (Check out the photos at DitzyChix.com for a definition of the ECR.) They were having a wonderful time, and I wished I could be there with them, but their antics and giggles made me smile, so envy, such as it is, is manageable. :) They did take a trip to the aquarium and had a nice time there. Kristi said the temperature in SF is more like Texas in the winter, around 55, and they were all scrambling to find suitable jackets, even though most had brought something. While 55 degrees isn't exactly cold, when coming from 100 degree summer temps in Texas, it certainly can seem like it! I'm happy to know they're having fun, not that I thought they wouldn't. Being with friends is always fun, no matter what we're doing, and I consider myself blessed to have the wonderful friends I have, even if I don't get to spend a lot of face-to-face time with them. When that does happen, it makes for some really special times and memories.

No comments: