Thursday, July 17, 2008

If My Life Today Were a Movie...

There appears to be some technical difficulty with my blog. Backgrounds and graphics on recent activity are not showing up. Whether it's me (and it probably is) or blogger or just the alignment of the planets, I'm not in the mood to fix it.

If my life today were a movie, it would be an adaption of a Stephen King horror novel. When things start to go wrong, the domino effect comes into play, with one thing after the other falling down.

But enough feeling bad and onto some real movie mania. I've had a copy of Chicago for quite some time, but never took the time to watch it, so the other night, I popped it in the player. It was...different. Entertaining, with good music and some amazing footwork by Richard Gere. I wouldn't list it among my favorite musicals, nor do I plan to watch it again soon, but I won't NOT watch it sometime in the far future.

The opening song, All That Jazz, was wonderful and really set the scene for what was to come. Catherine Zeta-Jones did the number to perfection and was a joy to watch and hear. Although Renee Zellweger isn't among my favorite actresses, she did a superb job in this movie. A little more weight would have made her more attractive, which I find odd in saying about her. Again, Gere did some great hoofing.

It's worth a watch, and I especially liked the song, Cell Block Tango. It was a hoot! All in all, it's worth one watch, if you tend to like musicals, but I'm still trying to figure out how it won so many Academy Awards.

Bear with me on the blog formatting. A weekend of working on it may do the trick...nor not.

No comments: