Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, Monday

The start to another week, which is okay. It means we're that much closer to the start of school in mid-August. I seems some school systems are shortening the summer, little by little, maybe leaning more toward year-round school? I'm not sure I'd mind that. A week or two break for some R&R doesn't sound so bad.

Summer vacation is more than half-way over, and school supplies are beginning to appear in stores. Can it really be that back-to-school is not far off?

It's obvious things have changed since I was in school. For instance, I was 50 when I had my first ride in a limo. My youngest granddaughter was 5. Her pre-K class held two fundraisers this year, and she was the biggest seller for both. Prizes were given to everyone, and for the first, she picked a nice "boom box". At 5, mind you. But it was the second one that blew some of us away. The highest sellers--8 of them--took a ride in a white limo to McDonalds. Now that's what I call class!




Allie's first limo ride!
2008



Well, yes, of course I was there to take pictures!!
What a wonderful memory for a little girl.

I wonder if I should try going back to school? After all, if rides in limos to McDonalds are the going thing...

No comments: