Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Madness

First, a quick note. Due to Blogger/BlogSpot's decision to change their format, this blog may be undergoing a change in the next week or so. I'm disappointed, but because I'm unable to use the enhanced features and widgets, I'll have to make some changes. Hopefully, that will only mean that the appearance will change only slightly and old posts will not vanish into cyberspace. Until I dig into it, though, I won't know for sure.

But it's Monday, so why expect less than one more thing to add to a long list of things that need to be done. :)

School starts in 2 1/2 weeks. After a summer of caring for 4 grandkids, ages 6, 5, 4, and currently 11 months, I'm like a lot of moms out there and ready for school to start. Not that I don't love my kidlets, but the 3 older ones are as ready for school to start as I am. If you have more than one child, I'm sure you understand how the bickering and fighting, whining and complaining, and ignoring stated rules tends to escalate, the longer summer drags on. I'm feeling especially grouchy, too, with higher temperatures and more humid conditions. I won't even mention the higher gas prices. Somehow, we'll all make it to August 14, but it isn't going to be pretty. *grin* And once everyone but the little one is back in school, there will be a new set of things to deal with. But right now, even those seem like nothing compared to what the next 2 1/2 weeks will be like.

Hope you're getting your back-to-school shopping done, even if there are no children in your household. I've always loved browsing the school supplies, along with the office supplies, and even take advantages of good deals on notebooks, pens and pencils when I find them.

Have a great rest-of-the-summer!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Boy do I hear you on that countdown to back to school! This year I'll have a 4th grader and a kindergartener so my daily routines will be completely different--and I can't wait! :)